Fatigue, corrosion, overloading and manufacturing defects are some of the top causes for component failure. Because pertinent information regarding manufacturing, processing and service history is not always available, our assessments rely heavily on the experience of our engineers.
Evidence is examined at our ISO 17025:2005 accredited laboratory, testing is conducted in accordance with ASTM standards. We prepare each assessment in anticipation of the possibility of litigation.
Pario’s laboratory provides forensic materials engineering services including:
- Root-cause Failure Analysis (electrical/mechanical/chemical)
- Metallurgical Analysis
- Electrochemical and Corrosion Susceptibility Assessments
- Bulk and Surface Analysis
- Analysis of Electrical and Mechanical Failures
- Switchgear, Bus Duct and Transformer Failure
- Machinery and Equipment
- Blast Furnace Failures
- Process Failures
- Corrosive Chemical Failures
- Watermain, Sewer and Stormwater Failure Analysis
- Wind Turbine Failure Analysis
- Photovoltaic System Failure Analysis
- Fire and Security Alarm System Analysis
- Tank Failures
- Appliance Failures
- Sump Pump Failures
- Oil Filter Failures
- Engine Component Damage and Cause of Failure
All information is documented in a detailed report that can be verified by expert opinion and withstand the test of a serious legal challenge. This meticulous and exhaustive process is carried out by on-site visits where applicable, and at our on-site laboratory. Our engineering assessments include the use of non-destructive visual examinations including Stereo Microscopy, Scanning Electron Microscope, and Optical Microscopy to identify properties and failure modes of materials. We also engage the use of advanced software to identify fracture surface details and stress raisers such as machining marks, corrosion pits and inclusions. Comparative situational tests on the component(s), Functional Inspections and Testing can also be conducted.